Don’t look now, but there are only six weeks left in 2013. And I can NOT let this year get away from me before sharing this minimalist-themed styled photo shoot from all the way back in January. I was compelled by my love of editorial wedding photography to create a bridal fashion-oriented photo shoot. Just for fun. And no offense to mason jars and vintage lace. But there’s already so much rustic wedding inspiration out in the world. Rebel that I am, I wanted to do something… entirely different. Something uber-modern and and elegant and absolutely gorgeous.
It all started at the Kimber Modern (the amazing boutique hotel) in downtown Austin, where I was blown away by the award-winning minimalist architecture and design. That’s where this theme was born – the minimalist, modern wedding.
Those of you who know my work might be saying, wait just a second there, Uma. WHERE are bright colors? We know you just loove color. What’s going on here? Well, you know something… I’m kind of in love with this minimalist look, even though it’s not bursting with color. Location is my muse, and the Kimber Modern just really inspires the zen master in me. And so did the modern wedding gowns our wardrobe stylist, the talented Cristina Facundo, found for this photo shoot. I mean seriously – even if you’re not usually into fashion, these graceful and romantic wedding dresses are jaw-dropping.
I was so excited to work with a team of such talented creatives. Wardrobe stylist Cristina Facundo created three stunning modern looks for our “bride”, Emma Hefti, and two debonair looks for our “groom”, Bradley Kee. Check out the credits below for all the wardrobe info.
This is what happened..
I was delighted when my favorite blogger, Camille Styles, published our photo shoot! Click here to see The Modern Minimalist.
It also appeared on Style Me Pretty. Click here to see Modern Wedding Inspiration from Studio Uma.
Here’s the team that made this magic happen. Thank you everyone!!!!!
Location: Kimber Modern – 110 The Cir, Austin, TX 78704
Wardrobe Stylist: Cristina Facundo
Hair: Laura Heyns
Makeup: Laura Martinez
Models: Emma Hefti and Bradley Kee
Florals: Carrie Beamer of Flora Fetish
Event and prop design: Maureen Stevens
- #1 Billy Reid Campbell Suit ($1695), Billy Reid Skinny Bowtie in black and tan ($95) – all available at Billy Reid
- #2 Billy Reid Campbell Suit ($1695), Billy Reid Classic Tie in natural and navy ($125) – all available at Billy Reid
- #1 Nicole Miller Peplum – Alvina Valenta 9251 ($2420) – available at http://unbridaled.com/, Modern double-bow bridal headpiece in 100% silk duchess satin – available by custom order only at firstname.lastname@example.org
- #2 Nicole Miller Cowl Neck – FA0031 ($1100) available at http://unbridaled.com/, Miriam Haskell Cuff ($650), Ring ($250), Earrings ($180); Sondra Roberts Beaded Pearl Clutch ($192)
- #3 CiarlaBride Cheri Dress ($420) available at https://ciarla.com/, Sondra Roberts Beaded Pearl Clutch ($192), Stuart Weitzman Silver Blitz Heel ($560)
* * * * *
If you’d like to find out more about Studio Uma, please click here to visit our wedding photography portfolio website. We are based in gorgeous Austin, Texas and specialize in editorial wedding photography.
Click here to visit Studio Uma on Facebook! We’re always up to something.